G7

Together as a Family we are embarking on a wonderful journey....here we can share the best times of our lives!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

13!!

Can't believe we have a teenager in our home!! Benjamin turned thirteen on August 17th and I am still wondering where all the time has gone!

I can remember very vividly the day he was born.  My first child, my first experience with giving birth and what a wonderful experience it was.

He was a beautiful baby and a very spoiled baby because he was the first grand child to be born.

I was very grateful to have a boy first, the one who would lead the sibling, the one who would protect his sisters, the one who everyone would look to for fun, ideas, and ways to do things.

He is all that and more.  Yes he has his moments, who doesn't, and he deffinently has a personaity that will blow you out of the water! This kid can get you laughing so hard and is really fun to talk to.

He has a great desire to know the Gospel and take it very seiriously.  It has been a blessing and a joy to watch him discover his Testimony and to see how important it is to him.

Don't tell him what to do, because he will fight him on it.  Not that he is being disrepectful, he is always willing to help when asked, I'm talking about like when it was time to potty train him he wasn't going to do it until he was ready and there was nothing I could say or do to get him to do it when I wanted him to do it. He is like that with his clothes and his friends and he is like that with spiritual things as well.  I would ask him to share his testimony and he would not do it until He was ready and felt 100% that that was his testimony.  That is something that i love about this kid.  He does things because he wants to not because everyone else is doing it.  So if you want him to do something don't tell him, "everyone else is," because that will make him REALLY not do it.

Being his Mom has tested me in many good ways, it has helped me rely a lot on my Heavenly Father to know how to be the Mother Ben needs me to be.  I am grateful and blessed to me his Mom and can't wait for the next 13 years with him!


1 comment:

rebecca said...

I loved reading your sweet post about Ben. I could feel your goodness as you talked about him and how much you love being his mom. I am so grateful to know you and I love that we can keep in touch this way. All of your children look so sweet and happy -- which indicates you are doing a fabulous job! Love you my friend!

xoxoRebecca