G7

Together as a Family we are embarking on a wonderful journey....here we can share the best times of our lives!!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sarah's Baptism

Our sweet Sarah Elizabeth was baptized on March 5th 2011.  Greg and I are so proud of all she did to get to this point.  We spent some very spacial Family Home Evenings really focusing on exactly what she was working towards and wanted her to understand the important commitments she was about to make with her Heavenly Father.

It has been a true testimony builder for me to watch her work up to this day.  She took it very seriously and truly wanted to be baptized.

At the beginning of the year our stake put on a nice evening for all the kids who were going to be baptized this year.  They talked about the promises they would be making and the promises that our Heavenly Father would make to her.  They also talked about the Holy Ghost and how to recognize it and what an incredible blessing it is to have Him in our lives.  I know for me my life is blessed daily from the companionship of the Holy Ghost.  I rely on Him to help me through my day as I take care of my family.  I am very grateful for Him in my life.

At the end of the night all the kids were given a small package with some wonderful things in it to help  prepare them for their baptism.  One of my favorite things was a list of words that were connected to baptism.  We did a Family Home Evening with them and had each of the kids pull out a word from a bag and they had to explain how that word was connected to baptism.

It was a really fun thing to do.  It was a helpful reminder for the older kids.  I posted them up on the pantry door to help us continue to think about our promises.  The boys are really excited to get baptized and know so much because of all the lessons and really enjoyed watching Sarah get baptized.

One very excited little girl!



Megan was so excited for Sarah!  She was every involved and eager to help Sarah out.

Love this incredibly Man!  He is a wonderful example to me and the kids and I feel so very blessed to be married to Him. 

Sarah truly adores her Dad!

Beautiful!!
It is crazy to think that 3 of my 5 children have been baptized.  Our family has been truly blessed by this children and their beautiful examples they are to me.  I love being their Mom and am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity to raise these special child.


3 comments:

Tay said...

I'm so glad the baptism went well! I just love your family.

Cece Girl said...

Looks like a great day! Just beautiful.

seven said...

love this girl!!